Monday, November 9, 2009

In which I explain my preferred broadcasted moving images

I'm supposed to be studying for som boring architecture exam but let's be honest here, who needs that kind of stress?? Am I right? Let me take a moment here to outline 3 of my current favorites in the TV realm. As you can see, I used an incredibly pretentious title to try and convince you that there is some kind of deeper, social and cultural meaning behind each of these programs. But you know what? I don't have the energy to do that so this is basically just a collection of funny clips that I've collected for my own self-indulgence. You're welcome!1

1. SUMMER HEIGHTS HIGH

This Australian import revolves around three characters in a public school, all played by Chris Lilley. When I first saw it I figured it was another one of those weird copykittens of the Office's mockumentary style, but this is actually so ridiculously hilarious and strangely intriguing.

2. KIDS IN THE HALL

The Daves I Know

JonathanTheGreat | MySpace Video

An oldie but a goodie! The thing about this show is it's such a 90s alternative comic sensibility, so wacky and understated and with skits that are so original and out there. But then again what do i know. I was a nerdy kid for most/all of the 90s, I'm not the authority on the decade, shit.

3. FREAKS AND GEEKS

I saved the best for last because Freaks and Geeks is clearly the greatest show of all time. If you haven't seen this, I'm disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment