Friday, October 30, 2009

Sounds of Twin Peaks


I think I'm about 20 years late, but recently I have become OBSESSED with Twin Peaks. The first season is so good! I just love Agent Cooper and Sheriff Truman and Hawk and Lucy and Andy!!!! Phew...I need to calm down a little...If you don't know, Twin Peaks was a hit show in 1990 created by David Lynch and Mark Frost. It's about a murder of a popular, beautiful girl in a small town in Washington. FBI agent Agent Dale Cooper (Kyle MacLachlan) is called in to help local law enforcement, and magic happens!

So anyhows, I'm not done with the series yet (I'm only about half way through season 2) but I have already downloaded the soundtrack for seasons 1 and 2 AND I AM HOOKED! Something about the music is just great! Everything is composed by Angelo Badalamenti, and it has an beautifully eerie sound that fits so well with the show.

One of my favorite things about Twin Peaks is the theme song. It makes me a little scared and a little excited, and it gets me in the mood for mystery! The music also fits the sort of bizarre atmosphere the show has. For example, Agent Cooper has dreams of a midget in a red room, and a giant that visits him and gives him clues. And everything he dreams out of the blue turns out to be true! And it's perfect!




I definitely recommend listening/downloading the soundtrack for Twin Peaks. It is one of the most relaxing things I've ever listened to. Every song fits with the others, but they are also distinct in their own ways. And the range is amazing! There are jazzy songs, and swing tunes, it's just great.


Recommended Tracks (song & album)

Just You -Season Two Music and More
High School Swing - Season Two Music and More
Love Theme Farewell - Season Two Music and More
Audrey's Dance - Twin Peaks
Falling - Twin Peaks



No comments:

Post a Comment