Wednesday, August 12, 2009

TEEN TUNES #2

Jonathan Richman & the Modern Lovers

Isabel's lovely post the other day inspired me to share my own new favorite music infatuation.
Pictured above is Jonathan Richman who formed the Modern Lovers in 1970. They're a Velvet Underground inspired band (hey who isn't these days?) but I like them as much as the Velvet Underground (if not more...)
Jonathan Richman's lyrics are so fun and fit the music perfectly. "Just About Seventeen" and "You're the One for Me" have become the soundtrack for my summer!
I also suggest "I'm Straight" (which is the first song I heard by him)

Here's a video I made for "Just About Seventeen" Don't be too impressed just yet. I used iMovie to put the audio track over the album artwork. And it didn't even end up that nice. Oh well, just close your eyes and enjoy the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment